[VHFcontesting] scoring question

russell beech rbeech2002 at yahoo.ca
Fri Feb 27 07:10:46 PST 2009

Steve

I suspect this is a fragment of the way the league processes the logs.  I noticed the same thing on several entries in the June results.

Based on the LCR and posted logs it seems that the log processing sowftware assigns the multiplier awarded to activating a grid to the first QSO in the grid.  It happened that both OIL and SMA activated a grid by activating 24GHz first.

The same thing has happened on other bands but they tend to have more QSOs than multipliers and it is not immediately obvious.  IE we logged 20 multipliers on 144 but have 25 in the results; five of the grids we travelled to were initialy activated on 144 MHz.  With 77 QSOs the situation is not visible.

The sum of the results is correct but there are a couple of minor curiosities on the band-by-band summaries.

73
Russell
VE3OIL

Message: 1