[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Repair for Beko Elektronik HLV-280 Amp

Keith Morehouse w9rm at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 13:25:24 EST 2009

--- Les Rayburn <les at highnoonfilm.com> wrote:

> After some digging, we obtained a suitable power
> cord, and at last performed
> the "smoke test". As you could guess, it was
> literally that. A harsh "crack",
> a wiff of some from the back of the amp where the
> power supply is located and
> nothing else. Surprisingly, the fuse did not blow.

Les, for what it's worth, the Beko 2M PA I bought use
a few years ago fired right up when plugged into the
exact same outlet as the rest of mu 230V amplifiers
and accessories.  I simply use a surplus power cord
from a piece of HP test equipment with a 230V
twist-lock wired in pace of the molded three prong.

I don't recall if Beko has a jumper bar inside to
convert to 115V - I don't THINK so, but you may want
to confirm this isn't the case and it's already wired
up for 115.

Jay W9RM