[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest - VE3SMA - FN05

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Thu Jul 16 11:33:10 PDT 2009

Murray, VE3NPB, and I plan to operate in the CQ WW VHF Contest from the southwestern part of fairly rare grid FN05 this weekend. We'll be running somewhere between 50 and 150 watts on 2m, and 100 watts on 6m, with small beams.  We'll be using my call, VE3SMA.

We've decided on no fixed CQing frequencies.  However we will most likely be in the following windows if there is no major opening happening:
50.090-50.100 CW
50.125-50.140 SSB
144.190-144.210 CW/SSB

It seems I need to take my 222 MHz transverter to hold the K2 in place during transit....so I'll endeavour to be on 222 MHz outside of the contest on Friday night and/or Saturday morning, probably between 8:30-11:00 PM and 7:30-9:00 AM, with 20 watts and 7 elements.  Look for me on or close to 222.100 (most likely on CW), make some noise on that frequency or email me for a sked if you need that grid/band combination.

73,
Steve VE3SMA