[VHFcontesting] UHF Contest comments?

Joe Serocki joeserocki at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 17:00:23 PDT 2009

With the upcoming UHF contest, anyone want to start any sort of discussion?

I finally have the Rover ready, and did some testing. I was amazed at the
direction-ability (is that a word?) of the Directive Systems 144 and 432
beams, even the shorties (I use the six foot ones), and the gain seemed
pretty substantial as well.

I have permission to use a high perch near my house, figured I would run out
a bit and see who is on. I don't think I will qualify as a /R as I probably
won't be doing more than one grid square, but we will see how ambitious I
get.

What other plans are out there?