[VHFcontesting] FM on 222 MHZ

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Wed Jul 22 20:19:11 PDT 2009

Bob - You wrote:

	I just put up a new yagi for 432, and currently only have a FM rig
for 222.??
	?
	MY question is this: every 432 contact I have ever made was a move up
from 2 meters, or set up by 	chatroom, email or phone.?? I do not see
making many 222 fm contacts with 25 watts and 5 element yagi 	setup
vertical that I will be moving up to 432.

One thing you can do is add a 222 MHz horizontal Yagi to your FM rig.
The big stations can work you on 222 MHz FM, but their antennas will
be horizontal and so if you have one too, that makes the contact much
more likely to occur. Look into WA5VJB's Cheap for simple, easy to
build and effective Yagis. You can put one together in an evening.
Contact the station on 432, when you talk about moving bands, suggest
222 MHz FM and tell them you have a horizontal Yagi. I'll bet you get
a lot of contacts that way. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey