[VHFcontesting] N1LF/R Plans & Updates

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sat Jun 6 23:56:45 PDT 2009

My wife and I depart for a week's vacation in Ten Mile, TN to do some camping and fishing. This is in EM75, where I'll be QRV on 6M and 2M, but just on a casual basis during the week.

We return on Friday, June 12th, and make final preparations for the contest. No route has been decided on yet, but should be able to send an e-mail with our plans before the middle of the week. On our "for sure" visits are stops in EM61 (a lot of locals need this grid on 6 Meters. Active hams there, but hard to get QSL's), EM62, EM63, and others. We'll also journey to Mount Cheaha, Alabama's highest peak on Saturday.

During the contest, we'll run an APRS tracker, with the SSID of N1LF.

Still have a lot of work left to do on the rover, including the installation of 2M stacked loops so that we can make QSO's while in motion on both 6 and 2. That should be accomplished later this week. Hope to work a lot of folks in the contest.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park