[VHFcontesting] [Mw] 8660C won't go over 100MHz

Gary, N7IR N7IR at cox.net
Thu Jun 11 08:08:41 PDT 2009

Local 8660C guru AA7A got mine to work by tweaking a lot of the internal
adjustments.  This is not for the faint hearted.  You'll need the complete
set of service manuals.  He ended up having to make an adjustment on the
11661B Frequency Extension Module to get the 1300MHz plug-in to work
consistently above 110 MHz.  That was in addition to swapping the 11661B for
a known good unit.  The YIG oscillator does die on those modules.  Good
luck.
73
Gary, N7IR
-
Yah, I installed the 11811 (that was the 'required option' I was
referring to, couldn't remember the number) .. I was thinking there
was some other config somewhere to let the control module know it's
there?

jd