[VHFcontesting] Brain pickin' time

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 22 22:29:08 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 14:11 -0500, Mike (KA5CVH) Urich wrote:
> I also need a new logging program.  I had Scott's, N3FJP on an old
> microbloat box that is no more.  I now have two laptops.  Mine (this
> one) is a linux o/s and my work laptop is a microbloat, but I can't
> install anything on the work laptop.  Has anyone tried running Scott's
> logging program under WINE on Linux?  He and Kimberly told me that
> they have heard of some people doing so.  Also has anyone tried using
> his program from a thumb drive on a microbloat box?

I don't run microbloat anymore so I can't help there.

I am using CrossOver Linux Professional from CodeWeavers, Inc. I got
this software when they offered it for free after loosing a challenge
where they offered the software free if then Prez Bush did something
out of character...<L> Full story at: http://lameduck.codeweavers.com/

I have run Echolink, MMSSTV and a few other microbloat programs with
this program that don't have linux equivalents and not have any problems
yet ( knock on REAL wood ). Downloaded N3FJp's State MI State QSO party
program tonight and it loaded up without a hitch.

James W8ISS