[VHFcontesting] Concerning Tilton's Rule

Ron Hooper w4wa at alltel.net
Tue Mar 17 06:18:57 PDT 2009

Hi Paul

To summerize some of the responses that I have received:

I think most people including myself operate with a similar format
Paul described.

I think most people also agree that the FCC rules ALWAYS overrides the
contest rules.

Obviously, the FCC must agree with Paul's approach to identification during
a contest or there would be dozens of citations issued by now.

Rule 97.119 is interpeded by many to be in Black and White and think that
contest operating identification does not meet the intent of the rule.

Ron