[VHFcontesting] List behavior and guidelines

Dave Pascoe km3t at km3t.org
Fri May 29 10:20:44 PDT 2009

To add to Gene's post...

I am one of the list founders and a backup moderator for Gene W3ZZ.

Gene and I have leaned on the side of free speech and no moderation with
this list. We are super happy to see all the activity here since we
started the list, but not so happy with some of the goings on and
individual behavior.

The list is moderated until further notice. For the record, we hate
having to do this, but it isn't without precedent. We did it once not
long ago and it looks like it may have to become permanent.

The list will be governed with some simple rules:

1) Inflammatory posts containing personal attacks will be rejected
outright.  Think about what you post before you hit the send button.
Repeat offenders will be removed.

2) Any post that is not explicitly about VHF contesting will likely be
rejected, at the moderators' discretion.

3) Any post that clearly doesn't add value to a discussion will be
rejected.  The SNR needs to come up many dB.

4) Keep the number of recipients to a minimum.  Posts with excessive
recipients (especially multiple cross-posting to other lists) will be
likely be rejected.

5) Be considerate of other subscribers who have bandwidth limitations
and edit posts for brevity (include ONLY relevant excerpts of previous
posts).  Try to avoid top-posting.

To quote W4ZV from the Topband Reflector:
Minimize noise, minimize bandwidth, maximize VHF contesting information,
act like gentlemen and enjoy!

73,
Dave KM3T
Co-moderator