[VHFcontesting] Changes to ARRL VHF Contest Rules

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Fri May 29 22:43:29 PDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 10:01 AM, wa4kxy at bellsouth.net wrote:

> The problem isn't with folks that don't send in any log.  The
> problem is with folks who send in a log but don't include all the
> bands they work.  No naming any names, there was a limited multiop
> who not long ago operated 6 through 432 but also gave folks some
> contacts on higher bands.  When they submitted their logs they
> submitted just 6 through 432.  Everyone who contacted them on the
> higher bands had those contacts disallowed.  There were some very
> POed folks!  If you are operating limited or whatever and give out
> some contacts on higher bands to just help folks out be sure that
> you submit a check log for those contacts.
>
> 73
> Jim, W4KXY

Serious question:  How does one do this in Cabrillo format?  I don't
believe there's a way to tag specific bands as "these are the ones we
want to use for our score" vs. "these are check logs on these other
bands" in ANY VHF+ contesting software that I'm currently aware of.

1. I don't think there's a way to tag a contact as "check log only" in
Cabrillo format.
2. I've used RoverLog and WriteLog, and neither has a feature to do
this.
3. Most software calculates a score from all contacts... this means
the scoring will be off during and after the contest in the comments.

For those who submit electronic logs... *If* you were participating as
a Limited Multi-Op, how would you submit them in Cabrillo format?

Would you simply remove the bands you didn't want counted, and tick
off your "neighbors" to make your own life simpler, or is there some
way to actually handle this properly that I've missed.

Just curious.  I hate doing paper logs...

Is this a needed feature in Cabrillo version "whatever's next"?

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com