[VHFcontesting] "Maidenhead" iPhone App

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Sun May 31 18:51:59 PDT 2009

For those roving in the contest...

I had an e-mail from another fellow ham a month or two ago saying that
his young son's first attempt at programming and releasing "real"
software resulted in the program available on the iTunes App Store as
"Maidenhead".

It's a measly buck, and it works great mixing the AT&T "assisted" cell
network location information and the real GPS receiver in the iPhone
3G (and I assume at least using the assisted mode on the older iPhones
that don't have GPS...) to give you your Maidenhead grid locator to
"eight places"...

Just thought I'd mention it again if I hadn't to this list.  For $1...
it's hard to go wrong, and it encourages a ham's kid who just wrote
his first commercially-released program.

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate at natetech.com