[VHFcontesting] KK6MC on Sandia Crest for the fall Sprint

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Tue Oct 6 17:45:17 PDT 2009

I will be on Sandia Crest for the Fall Sprint tomorrow, OCtober 7.
AA5B will be a co-operator.

We will take the tram up and operate from the south of the tram
terminal. That will get us away from the RF potpurri that is at the
Crest proper.

As the last tram down is at 0900, we will be limited in operating
time, but with the activity we have seen in previous sprints, this
should not handicap anyone.

Here is the schedule:

0100Z On the air on 432.1 to work locals, also will point the bam
south to pick up the Las Cruces/El Paso Bunch if there isn't much
local activity

0115Z Move to 432.110, Point the beam East, KB0HH has promised to
listen for us.

0125Z Still on 432.110, Point the beam Northwest towards Utah. K7ULS
has promised to look for us

0135Z Still on 432.110, Point the beam South and listen for the Las
Cruces/El Paso bunch

0145Z Still on 432.110 point the beam North and listen for CO

0200Z Now on 432.100 Try to pick up any more locals that check into
the activity night

0215Z Move to 432.110 and point the beam Soutwest. W7AQK has promised
to look for us from Mt. Lemmon and I hope we can work some of the
Phoenix guys

0230Z QRT, pack up and leave.

During the times I am pointing in specific directions, I will call on
CW for the first 30 seconds and listen for the second 30 seconds. If
the band is good, we can abandon this protocol. Also, if hte band is
good, don't be shy about shifting to SSB. I can do that too. :^)=

If it rains, we will go to an alternative site and stay in the car,
but still try to keep the same schedule.

Sandia Crest is DM65.

Listen for the weak ones. - Duffey
--
KK6MC