[VHFcontesting] Rover rules and criticisms

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 09:27:37 PDT 2009

Unfortunately, this hypothesized rule has the potential to hurt "non-grid circling" rovers and prohibit completely valid "non-grid circling QSOs."  Let's say I live in an area with high rover activity, low fixed station activity (like I do) or both.  With the first proposed rule, I could quickly be prohibited from making any unique rover to rover QSOs after the first few ones I make.  In the second proposed rule, one good 6 meter opening at the start of the contest could once again prohibit me from working other rovers, unless I go into the unlimited class, which might be unfair to me.

Do we really want to sacrifice the many just for the couple?

73s John AA5JG