[VHFcontesting] stacked yagi's

Jon Casamajor k6el at comcast.net
Sat Apr 10 14:09:05 PDT 2010

Hi Paul,

I am a little confused on what you are doing I guess.   I have two M²
420-50-11 Yagis stacked vertically, that is one above the other.  I am using
a standard M² splitter and stacking harness and the distance between the
Yagis is 28” and the phasing lines are identical in length however I’m not
entirely sure of their length as they are living at about 100’ now.  J

 You said
 “(note that I might switch units without warning)”, so I may not
be seeing something here.  If both phasing lines are the same length
wouldn’t they be fed in phase?  My little stack is on my QRZ page in case
I’ve confused you in return.  The little stack works quite well but I’m
planning to replace it soon with a 4329WL as the stack is a little sharp and
I need a bit more ERP.

 73, Jon

 K6EL