[VHFcontesting] Fiery end to UHF Contest at KK6MC/r

jimk8mr at aol.com jimk8mr at aol.com
Tue Aug 10 14:03:04 PDT 2010

I also send my sympathies to Duffey. I was almost there and done that... in the Michigan QSO Party last April we nailed a deer in Mecosta county, Michigan, about 250 miles away from home.  Luckily in spite of a damaged front end, including a small radiator leak, we made it home. Better yet in our case, the antennas were not damaged and we were able to keep the rate up post-Bambi.

I hope your insurance covers things. (mine did - $3500 less a hundred dollar deductable). Maybe you can find a dead deer along the road to blame it on?

73   -   Jim   K8MR