[VHFcontesting] lotw and various modes

Steve Sala k7awb at msn.com
Sun Aug 15 15:46:36 PDT 2010

When I did a bunch of 6-meter meteor scatter back in 2004, I marked them as
SSB contacts in Win-EQF because that was the only choice then.  And when I
uploaded them to LOTW, of course, they went up there as SSB contacts.  Now I
see in LOTW there is a big choice of mapping various modes into digital
which is all LOTW can use besides SSB and CW.  These modes are found under
TQSL, preferences, ADIF choices.  The choices of modes include:

cw
phone
image
data
am
fm
ssb
atv
fax
sstv
amtorclover
fsk31
fsk441
gtor
hell
jt65
 and many more.

It sounds like I can resubmit those contacts as dIgital with the mapping
sequence.

 Has anyone done this?

 I notice that my original meteor contacts were JT6M and FSK441A.   Has JT6M
been superceded by JT65??

73
Steve Sala
K7AWB