[VHFcontesting] Adding a band, which one?

w8zn at comcast.net w8zn at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 08:52:14 PST 2010

Hands down, 222. Better coverage, more activity, better propagation, less expensive, easier to install and maintain.

If you had a BIG 1296 station, it's possible to score higher on 1296 because the ARRL hasn't figured out giving bonus points for upper bands is no longer necessary. You will work more folks on 222.

If you already have a multimode rig for 6, 2 and 70cm, just use the 10m output to drive a DEM or Elecraft transverter and you are there.

Terry