[VHFcontesting] Adding a band, which one?

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Fri Jan 8 09:35:01 PST 2010

On Thursday 07 January 2010 17:41:35 Dave Clouser wrote:
> I want to add a band this season.  I currently run 50, 144, 432.  What
> band would have the most activity in northeast/mid atlantic area.  222
> or 1296 or??
>
> Tnx 73
> Dave NZ3M

You'll make more contacts on 222, but have more fun when you get a
weak signal on 1296.  The club I belong to, the Arrow in Ann Arbor,
has 6, 2, 222, 432 and 1296, and the 1296 stuff really thrilled
folks when they made the rare contact there.  However, there are a
lot more folks on 222.  You want both! ;-)

--STeve Andre'
Cheerleader for W8PGW in EN82