[VHFcontesting] 70cm limits in Arizona

David McKenzie k1fsy at vhfwiki.com
Mon Jan 25 11:23:28 PST 2010

(f) No station may transmit with a transmitter power exceeding 50 W PEP on
the UHF 70 cm band from an area specified in footnote US7 to §2.106 of the
FCC Rules, unless expressly authorized by the FCC after mutual agreement, on
a case-by-case basis, between the District Director of the applicable field
facility and the military area frequency coordinator at the applicable
military base. An Earth station or telecommand station, however, may
transmit on the 435-438 MHz segment with a maximum of 611 W effective
radiated power (1 kW equivalent isotropically radiated power) without the
authorization otherwise required. The transmitting antenna elevation angle
between the lower half-power (-3 dB relative to the peak or antenna bore
sight) point and the horizon must always be greater than 10°.

Footnote US7 to §2.106:
http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/maps/us7/

(c) The entire State of Arizona;