[VHFcontesting] Rover Liason Frequency

Dan Evans dan.evans at insightbb.com
Sat Mar 6 14:02:19 PST 2010

n 3/5/2010 4:58 PM, John D'Ausilio wrote:
> Personally, I think self-spotting should be allowed for rovers ..
> everyone knows where all the fixed stations are, but for the rovers
> it's like playing hide and seek. You can assume that a rover is*not*
> going to be on-schedule past the start time (and maybe not even then),
> so schedules are only guidance. Propagation, equipment, and operating
> skill will determine whether a contact is completed, whether there's
> traffic on I-95 will be less of an issue:)  and roving would be a lot
> less frustrating (especially given the time/$$$/energy invested). Plus
> it would make roving attractive to new guys .. nothing motivates a
> newbie like a steady stream of QSOs ..
>
> de w1rt/john

Absolutely!
Keeping a Rover on schedule is nearly impossible.  Either you make your
schedule so vague as to be not very useful, or you can't stay on schedule.

73
Dan
--
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el
K9ZF /R no budget Rover ***QRP-l #1269 Check out the Rover Resource Page at: