[VHFcontesting] Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF Is My Hero! (Icom 746 Pro Repair)

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sun May 30 15:01:36 PDT 2010

On Bill Pasternak, WA6ITF's advice, I checked all the software setting that
can affect the microphone circuitry for the Icom 746 Pro. Nothing was amiss,
but it made me think about "radio = computer" these days, and figuring I had
nothing to lose, I did a hard reset of the internal CPU.

This wipes out all the memories, but I have those backed up on the computer
and they can easily reloaded.

I powered back up the radio, and my transmit audio via the font panel was
instantly restored! Bill, you rock! Thank you so much for the suggestion. My
contest is saved.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf