[VHFcontesting] The new CQ WW VHF contesting rules

Tim Coad timcoad at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 09:21:07 PDT 2011

> "With the digital modes, it is important that there be some way to "find" other stations to work.  HF methods(tuning the band, CW skimmer, whatever) will not work."

Hmmm... Is that because you have to tell the software the full details
for the QSO , before it can detect the full details of the QSO? Always
seemed a bit odd to me...

I rather have the rules allow self spotting of all weak signal
attempts, regardless of mode. Of course with everyone self spotting
themselves on 144.200, wont be much different that what we have
now...a mess....oh thats a different issue...I digress...

Tim - NU6S