[VHFcontesting] 432 Sprint

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 28 11:00:38 PDT 2011

Just 6 QSOs but I worked everyone I heard with a new small amplifier in line, so I am reasonably pleased.  Best dx was K3TUF at 494 km.

Heard some very interesting propagation in the signals from K3TUF and especially WA2FGK.  There were a number of very strong pings that sounded like meteor scatter.  But it seems too late in the Lyrids period (and the wrong time of day), so I suspect it was lightning scatter, a propagation mode I haven't heard in years.

73,
Steve VE3SMA