[VHFcontesting] Request for Info on 2 Meters 48 States terrestrial Activity

kevin kaufhold kkaufhold at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 4 08:46:10 PDT 2011

I have updated the summary file on those stations who have worked, or have come close to working, all 48 contiguous states on 2 meters terrestrial.The summary file is located at the SMC VHF web page: http://w9smc.com/SMC%20VHF/smc%20vhf%20page.htm
Or, the direct link to the PDF is at: http://w9smc.com/SMC%20VHF/2%20Meter%2048%20States%20Summary.pdf
I know of 14 stations who have worked all 48 states terrestrially over the years. Here they are (in order from oldest to most recent):
W0SD SD Pre-grid;  (EN13)
K5CM OK Pre-grid;  (EM25)
W0EMS NE Pre-grid;  (EN11)
K0ALL ND EN16
K5UR AR EM35
W0RRY  / K5BXG OK EM26
W5ZN  (as WB5IGF) AR EM45
WQ0P KS EM29
W7XU SD EN13
N0QJM SD EN13
KM0T IA EN13  (twice)
N0PB MO EM39wo
N0LL KS EM09
K2DRH IL EN41
The summary file now contains some 70 stations from all over the nation, who are at the top of their own regions.Please take a look at the call-signs listed. If you know of anyone who has worked all 48 states terrestrially, or who may be close in their own region, please send me a note at w9gka at arrl.net.I am looking for good, credible information, but even if you only have “rumor” quality, please let me know and I can track it down from there.
Kevin
W9GKA