[VHFcontesting] TE Power Connector for used 222 Amp purchase

Marty Woll n6vi at socal.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 15:33:47 PST 2011

Hi, Les.

I don't have any TE amplifiers, but it sounds as though you are describing a Jones plug (probably a P-304AB) mounted to the amp chassis.  If so, the mating connector is a Jones S-304CCT, which is readily available AFAIK.  (The "AB"ending means chassis or panel mount, and the "CCT" ending means a cable termination.)  There is a larger series (the 400 series), but I've seen only the two-pin versions of those used as power connectors.

Good luck.


Marty N6VI

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Les Rayburn 
  To: VHF Contesting Reflector ; vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu 
  Sent: Saturday, February 19, 2011 3:27 PM
  Subject: [VHFcontesting] TE Power Connector for used 222 Amp purchase

  I just purchased a used TE Systems 210G amplifer that arrived in good 
  condition. Unfortunately, it's missing the "DC" power connection at the 
  rear. I'm not even sure what those plugs are called, except that it's the 
  square, four flat pin job that a lot of older TE amps have.

  Ditto the 7 pin "tube" type socket for external keying.

  I'd love to purchase both if anyone on the list has spares that they're 
  willing to part with.

  Or would it better to simply open it up and connect some heavy gauge wire 
  directly to the motherboard for DC power, and likewise for external keying. 
  I really like the TE Amps, but the use of non-standard connectors makes them 
  a bit of a pain.

  Any help appreciated, as always.


  Les Rayburn, N1LF
  121 Mayfair Park
  Maylene, AL 35114

  6M VUCC #1712
  Grid Bandit #222
  Life Member Central States VHF Society 

  VHFcontesting mailing list
  VHFcontesting at contesting.com

More information about the VHFcontesting mailing list