[VHFcontesting] K4AMK/R Plans for VHF Sweepstakes

Austin austin at k4amk.us
Thu Jan 20 20:32:12 PST 2011

I will be out again for the 2011 January VHF Sweepstakes this coming
weekend as a Limited Rover with Bands ABCD.  This will be my first
contest completely solo.

Band    Pwr    Mode               Gear                        Antenna
50     160w    ssb                IC-7000/Amp               M2 6M Loop
144    180w    ssb                FT-847/Amp                DS144-6RS
144     50w    FM                 TM-G707                   Dual Band
Whip
220    100w    ssb                Demi xverter/amp          DSFO222-10RS
220     50w    FM                 Jetstream 220             vert whip
440    100w    ssb                FT-847/Amp                DSFO432-15RS
440     35w    FM                 TM-G707                   Dual Band
Whip

The plans are to begin the contest at the Grid Intersection of
EM63/62/52/53.  I will be jumping between these four grids for the first
hour to hour and a half and will pause in EM52 and EM53 as much as
possible given that these can be rare grids.  I will then head up EM63
through Birmingham to the Grid Intersection of EM63/64/74/73 in which
again I will be jumping around this intersection.  I will then travel in
EM74 up to Chattanooga where I will spend Saturday evening up on Lookout
Mountain.

Early Sunday morning I will be starting bright and early in EM75 on the
Western side of Chattanooga.  After an hour there, then I will travel
east across EM75/85 to Spartanburg, SC to activate the EM85/95/94/84
Grid Intersection.  I will then travel Southwest from Spartanburg
through EM84 toward Atlanta along I-85 to activate EM84/74/83/73.  I
will then travel west across EM73 and end the contest in EM63.

I will have APRS running from the vehicle.  You can track my progress on
my website at http://www.k4amk.us.

73 and Good Luck in the Contest!

Austin
K4AMK/R