[VHFcontesting] Fw: [Flexradio] Quick Help for VHF Contest! Flex-1500

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Tue Jan 25 15:15:21 PST 2011

Greg Jurrens, K5GJ/R came to aid of his fellow VHF Men this week by posting a great “how to” guide for using the FlexRadio 1500 as an IF rig. It got me up and running in record time, and many others too. For those who haven’t tried the Flex1500 as an IF, my advice is to seriously consider it. The experience of being able to “see’ the band around your transverters is amazing. Only downside is that it lacks 144 capability, so all your IF’s have to 28mhz. Luckily all of mine up to 1296 already were.

Maybe all of us should strongly suggest a Flex1500-B that includes a 5 watt 144mhz band feature. That way the unit would be acceptable for Microwave IF use, and I suspect that they’d sell even more of them. Great unit.
Here is Greg’s great guide.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park
Maylene, AL 35114

6M VUCC #1712
Grid Bandit #222

We posted a quick HOWTO on interfacing your FLEX-1500 to a transverter.  Check out:

http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50496.aspx

Let me know if I can assist.

Good luck in the contest this weekend.

73,