[VHFcontesting] KI7JA Contest Plans

Bruce Junkin ki7ja at msn.com
Wed Jul 13 19:17:55 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I am planning to make another attempt at getting to the top of Black Butte in DN04km, NW of the town of Mt. Vernon, Oregon. Hopefully, the snow will be melted by now, however, Thunder storms are still a possibility. I am limited to only 150w on six meters, and will have a 4 element DK7ZB yagi. Two meters will be a K1FO 12 element yagi, and I’ll have about 350w. This contest is only 6M and 2M, so, no other bands will be taken except for perhaps 1296 if requested. Hope to see everyone on the air this weekend for the CQWW VHF Contest. The contest runs from 11:00 am local (18:00z) Saturday morning to 2:00 pm Sunday local time (21:00z). Hopefully, we will get some propagation for the contest. 73’s.