[VHFcontesting] Limited rover rules

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Sun Jun 5 16:29:48 PDT 2011

At 06:27 PM 6/1/2011, Mike Drake wrote:
>I have to agree with what has been posted in regards to dropping the
>222 MHz band from the limited rover category. I personally have used
>222 and like the band, however for new people coming in
>transverters, ptt relays, switching etc can be a bit cumbersome.

There has to be some challenge to it. My suggestion is to leave 222
MHz in the RL rules so that the Icom IC-7000/Yaesu FT-857 crowd will
have something attainable to aspire to. In fact, I've suggested
adding 1296 to the RL rules, but keep RL at four bands. Let the
participant pick either 222 or 1296 to suit local conditions.

>  That being said I personally think the power levels should remain
> at 100 watts across the board for 2, 6, 432.

Agreed.

Bob...