[VHFcontesting] Limited rover rules

Mike Drake mmdrevo at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 15:27:37 PDT 2011

I have to agree with what has been posted in regards to dropping the 222 MHz band from the limited rover category. I personally have used 222 and like the band, however for new people coming in transverters, ptt relays, switching etc can be a bit cumbersome. That being said I personally think the power levels should remain at 100 watts across the board for 2, 6, 432. I think the 432 band needs all the help it can get and adding a brick amplifier would not be that hard for most folks no disrespect to effective antennas and elevation of course. A TS-2000 owner would only have to purchase 1 amp! Anyone else's thoughts or comments are welcome. Take care all and be safe while playing radio.

Mike Drake
KC2PLJ

Sent from my iPad2