[VHFcontesting] [VHF] Adjustments to Single Operator Low Power Category in ARRLVHF Contests

Roger Rehr W3SZ 73w3sz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 14:38:43 PDT 2011

Thanks for the notice, Sean!

After reading this, I have removed the band-specific transmit
attenuators from my 902 and up IF transmit lines.  These were used to
keep me in the 'low power' category on each band for contests, with amps
that were capable of a bit more power when fully driven.  Folks will see
some smoke from W3SZ in the August UHF contest.  I can't wait to
generate some heat [still low power, though, by the 'new and improved'
ARRL definition]     ;)

Thanks again and have a great week,

73,

Roger Rehr