[VHFcontesting] WQ4M Contest Report

BEAMAR at aol.com BEAMAR at aol.com
Fri Jun 17 18:06:50 PDT 2011

 We were a limited multiop station, in Carrabelle, FL, Franklin County, EL
79. Other operators were Donna, WQ4M, Paul, KJ4G and Lydia, KF4TPW. A big
thanks to Paul, for the use of his motorhome. We had a clear shot down the
coast of Florida. Our antennas were just a few feet, from salt water. We
operated from around 3 pm to 10 pm on Saturday. Sunday from around 7 am until the
bitter end.
 Band            QSO    Grid

 50 MHz        410     148
 144               22        9
 432                17        7
 1296                1        1

 Total Points 77,385

Operating from EL 79, Saturday afternoon, on 6M was like being a rare DX
station on 20M. Our lone 1296 contact was D Star, with a rover, using an ID-1.
 6M Antenna was a M2 6M 3SS, @ 25 feet. 2M was an M2 9 element. 432 was a
six foot long, rear mount MaxRad commercial antenna. Two meters and 432
weren't quite as high as 6M. I was quite pleased with the performance on 432.
Almost everyone had a better signal on 432 than 2M.

 Buddy WB4OMG
usually EL 98, Lakeland, FL