[VHFcontesting] The 50MHz Spring Sprint...

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Thu Aug 9 14:38:30 PDT 2012

Hello all 50MHz ops...I plan to run the 50MHz Spring Sprint on Saturday
afternoon.  If there is any Es, then clearly I will be on SSB looking
for contacts.  IF the band is "dead" then I will be running FSK441
meteor scatter on 50.265MHz...my standard spot.  Since this Sprint has
reasonable rules, I will be able to post on PingJockey whenever I am
running MS and looking for contacts that way.  Rather than making
specific schedules, just look for me on PingJockey and we can run.

I encourage everyone to get on and "make some noise" during the Sprint
times.  I am really bad about time conversions, but the Spring begins at
2000Z, which I believe is 3PM CDST.  The Sprint runs 4 hours until 2400Z
= 7PM CDST.  At least I hope all that is right....

The rules have changed now to QSOs times unique grids, so we are back to
the same scoring as all the other contests.  I don't know if that is
good or bad.

In any case, I plan to be there, so if you can find a bit of time
Saturday afternoon, get on and run the 6M Sprint.  These things are
relatively short, so they are not so much of a drudge as the longer VHF
contests.  Actually, they are fun....please remember to send your logs
in for the Sprint.  You might be surprised and win something.....

GL es 73 Marshall K5QE