[VHFcontesting] cell phone application like wingrid

David All n3xudfm19 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 21:05:13 PDT 2012

I like the computer wingrid program, this would be a great cell phone
application for rovers.  To be able to plug in your grid square and the
heard station grid and get a heading from your current location.
Are there applications for cell phones that allow this same type of feature?

I have found the application Ham Square, this gives you an accurate 6 digit
grid of your current location.  This is also a useful application to us
rovers, being able to get an exact 6 digit from your current location and
not be connected to the internet.

I know that logging software has this capability but to date no logging
programs can log the same contact for multiple bands as fast as I can place
a time in a paper log.  No to mention most computer screens are not
very visible in direct sunlight (like working off the tail gate of a pick
up).  So paper logging has proven to be the most efficient method for us.

Thanks
Dave N3XUD