[VHFcontesting] Reminder NYQP this Saturday

Paul Mackanos - K2DB k2db at k2db.com
Wed Oct 17 10:13:25 EDT 2012

For more info, check into the Roc City Net on 3.826 (+ or-) this evening
(Wednesday) at 8:00 Local Time, tonight's topic is the New York QSO Party,
Brent Hungate, KC2QLJ (NYQP Coordinator) will be there to answer all of your
questions.

The 2012 NYQP kicks off on Saturday, October 20 at 10:00 AM local time for
twelve hours.

This year we are instituting a special Award for working 1x1 Stations that
will spell out NY QSO PARTY - There are 24 Stations that have 1x1 call signs
reserved especially for the NYQP so go and try and work them all, if you are
the first station to work all 24 of the stations, you will receive a special
Plaque.
If you work any combination of the 1x1's that spell out "NY QSO PARTY", you
will receive a special certificate.

There are certificates and 50 plaques sponsored for participants, this year
you only need to contact 25 stations to be eligible for any award, and only
one plaque will be awarded per station, this gives others a chance at
winning an award.

We also have added 2 new "Youth "and one new "YL" Class, so take a look at
the rules on: http://www.nyqp.org/rules.php

Full information on Rules, County Maps, Logging Software, much more is
available at: www.NYQP.org.
Be sure to check out the "Frequently Asked Questions" section.
See you this Saturday CQ NYQP!!!

Thanks and we look forward to your participation in the 2012 New York QSO
Party; 1400Z, Oct 20 to 0200Z, Oct 21, 2012

Thanks,
Brent Hungate
KC2QLJ -NYQP Coordinator

Paul Mackanos