[VHFcontesting] ARRL September VHF Test Results - N9LB Wisconsin

Lloyd Berg N9LB lloydberg at charter.net
Mon Sep 10 15:48:35 EDT 2012

As usual, I operated in the ARRL September VHF Contest this past
weekend.

Participation level was good, and I had 10 more QSOs than last year.  My
claimed score was down due to fewer
multipliers and technical troubles with some of my equipment.

The majority of my contacts were with Wisconsin and Illinois stations.
Worked four Michigan stations, and two in Iowa, but uncharacteristically
completely missed "the usuals" in Missouri, Indiana, and Ohio.
6M/50 MHz briefly opened up twice from Wisconsin to Florida, once late
Saturday afternoon and then again late Sunday afternoon!  Also worked
one TX station, Saturday afternoon.

Other than the 6M e-skip, VHF and UHF propagation around here was about
as non-enhanced as possible.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
N9LB Single Operator, Low Power, Unassisted.
         Band  QSOs     Pts  Grd
           50    33      33   16
          144    25      25   12
          222    14      28    9