[VHFcontesting] Most wanted grids

kb8u vhf kb8u_vhf at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 21 07:51:25 EDT 2013

I think the best way to generate a most wanted grid list would be to make it as easy as possible for participants to enter data.  The majority of hams aren't going to bother compiling a list, let alone updating it.

I'm thinking along the lines of a program that would slurp in entire logs and figure out which are the needed grids for the operator.  That way they'd only have to upload a log file from their PC

The problem is that each log program is going to format the data a little differently, even if you ask everybody to send in an .adif or a cabrillo log.

Russ  KB8U