[VHFcontesting] Most wanted grids

Barry Hansen barry at k7bwh.com
Sat Aug 24 20:21:12 EDT 2013

I've been following the "most wanted grids" discussion with great interest.

The solution doesn't need to be complicated.

The GridMapper web page is rather plain but almost perfect for my purposes.

I'm a rover and like to explore. I don't have super power, long antennas
(yet), or plan expensive expeditions. But I do like to go places, park on a
hilltop, and hand out grid-candy to all that I can reach.

For my purposes, all I need is some general sense of which  grids around me
are the most useful to activate. A list like the GridMapper makes it easy
enough to find nearby grids that are wanted. Thanks for the tip!

For example, I see that DN02-DN05 (Central Oregon) are all near the top of
the list, and within my range on a long weekend. Cool. Now all I need is to
find the time and start driving. ;-)

Barry K7BWH
Seattle CN87xn

barry at k7bwh.com