[VHFcontesting] Yagi vs Moxon

Dan Evans k9zf at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 21:09:17 EDT 2013

Correct.

Compact is the key.  I have never felt comfortable driving with a full size yagi in place on the rover vehicle.  It is wider than the vehicle...  You can turn a 3 element 90 degrees offset, but this is annoying as well.

The folded ends of the moxon make it narrow enough to fit with the "foot print" of the vehicle, with only a small sacrifice in performance.

Works for me.

Who made the old 6m halo's with the three "rings"?  I picked one up at a hamfest last weekend...

73
Dan

--
K9ZF
Amateur Radio Emergency Service, Clark County Indiana. EM78el