[VHFcontesting] Yagi vs Moxon

AG4 aspengold4 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 22:11:17 EDT 2013

The original is the Hi-Par Saturn 6 which was made in western Massachusetts
in the 50's and 60's. If I remember correctly the ham made them in his
detached garage. The impedance is about 12.5 ohms. Originally you had to
make a quarter wave matching line for it. Later he came up with a small
transformer which allegedly worked a little bit better than the line. I fed
mine both ways over the years. I wish I still had it. I worked lots of quasi
DX from Montana with it about 7 feet off the ground (first Montana six meter
contact for many) and later installed it on my 66 Chevy and then my 68
Oldmobile.

Later the antenna was manufactured by W8SMD (I think it was) and it appeared
to be just about a perfect replica. Anyone know if he still makes them?

73,
Harry, W0BL