[VHFcontesting] EN39 on the air on 6m de KC8QVO/VE3

steve d kc8qvo at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 10 14:52:42 EDT 2013

All,

Band conditions up here have been horrible outside of the Aurora opening. Even the big guys are hard to work. Throughout the contest making contacts was like pulling teeth. I ended up with 32 contacts in the contest log this year. Not too good but at least I got some.

In any event, I will be operating on and off through Wednesday probably. I will be taking off Friday so my packing will be wednesday evening through thursday.

I am trying to get my voice keyer going. I have it set up but with the RFI I am getting it is not working real well. I need to come up with a solution to the RFI. I have type 43 ferrite cores on all the cables and the rigblaster and rig grounded together with a copper wire, still no luck. The voice keying would make getting contacts 100 times easier. Without a signal on the band no one can hear me, and I need to talk in to the mic to do that right now. The computer will ease up the ability to make contacts a ton.

Steve, KC8QVO/VE3