[VHFcontesting] Real time contest scheduling....

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Wed Jun 19 00:40:47 EDT 2013

Hello everyone....Russ-K2TXB has posted, "...I am absolutely against the
idea of allowing real time contest scheds via any other means than radio
contacts made via one of the bands that is part of the contest."

Everyone needs to understand that posting your Call, Frequency, and
Sequence when calling CQ on digital MS or digital EME is *NOT*, I say
again NOT, real time contest scheduling.  The CQ rules specifically
forbid "real time contest scheduling".

Concerning the phrase "made via one of the bands that is part of the
contest", I don't have time to read the ARRL's labrinthian rules looking
for this point, but I don't ever remember this as being part of the
rules.  Maybe it is in there somewhere....but if NOT, then making real
time contest schedules via a regional 80M net would be perfectly legal
as it is "amateur means".  Maybe some rules expert could show us all
where this phrase is located.

Let us say that "via one of the bands that is part of the contest" is
NOT in the rules, so that an 80M net is within the rules. Using an 80M
net, you COULD make real time contest schedules.  The CQ rule only
allows posting of Call, Frequency, and Sequence and ONLY for those
calling CQ on digital MS or digital EME which is NOT real time contest
scheduling.....it is only announcing that you are calling CQ and where
you are calling.

The CQ contest is a great contest.  While Russ and others may not be
interested in it, the CQ contest is growing(some would say by leaps and
bounds) while the ARRL contests are static or just barely hanging on.  I
will certainly be on for the CQ contest and when I am operating digital
MS or digital EME, I will post my Call, Frequency, and Sequence on the
PingJockey page or the N0UK EME-1 page as appropriate.  Give me a
call....I would love to work you in this FB contest.

73 Marshall K5QE