[VHFcontesting] [amsat-bb] 5 Band VUCC & VUCC Triple-Play

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Fri Jun 21 14:50:46 EDT 2013

Ed,

I understand your concerns, but want to clarify what I'm suggesting.
There would be no contest activity on satellites or via the ISS. We are
talking only about an expansion of the awards program that would
strictly follow the same guidelines as the VUCC Award. The VUCC Award
has been available to satellite operators since it's inception. So no
change there.

You might see a modest increase in digital activity on the ISS if the
award was offered, but I doubt it would be significant. I'm floating the
idea to AMSAT leadership now with the
hopes of wining their endorsement of the idea.

I do think that 5 Band VUCC and VUCC Triple-Play would generate an
increase in contest activity and grid expeditions on VHF-UHF-MW bands.
Thanks for raising these
valid concerns. Power management is a serious concern to everyone who
operates the birds.

73,

Les N11LF