[VHFcontesting] 222 Sprint results

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 2 08:10:19 EDT 2013

Activity started out good, but only 3 QSOs in the last
1.5 hours. Kept calling toward missing nearby grids,
like FN21 & FN33/34 but no luck. I found N2SLN in FN22,
and KA2LIM in FN12 fairly quickly, but worked no other
upstate/western NY grids. It's a vast tier of 8 or 9 grids
that I never seem to find anyone in during the Sprints.
Yet during non-contest times I work those grids! Frustrating!
But I was happy to work more than one FN35, FN43, FM18, & FM19.
It's a lot of fun just to hear familiar voices.
45 Q's & 16 Grids total.
TNX to all who answered my calls and to the
Sponsors. See you in the 432 Sprint.
-73, Ron WZ1V, FN31rh