[VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion

Jack W6NF vhfplus at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 14:19:45 EDT 2013

On 9/18/2013 1:01 PM, BEAMAR at aol.com wrote:
> Here in Florida we have not seen a lot of growth on 6M. Most people seem to
>   think the 6M button, on the radio doesn't really work.  I wonder what is
> different in Texas?
>
> Buddy WB4OMG

Interesting because when we were in HC (HC2UA-Jack and HC2UB-Shelley) we
worked many FL stations with very good signals. When the band was open
even a minimal antenna would've done the trick. The number of FL
stations worked was comparable to the number of TX stations.

There were times when I was hearing beacons from W4, called CQ on both
CW and SSB, and had no results.

--
Jack, W6NF/VE4
Shelley, K7MKL/VE4