[VHFcontesting] VHF Infusion

jon jones n0jk at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 19 11:14:44 EDT 2013

Good observation by George regarding regular 2 meter activity. Here in Kansas and Missouri the "2 Meter regulars" have all but disappeared as well. I recall in the late 80's there was a regular morning group on in the midwest. Many would be on in the contests to hand out points. No more. Even during the major tropo openings, only a few ops in this area may show up despite the APRS showing the bands wide open. Regular activity creates a base of stations available for contest QSO's.

Quite a few casual 6 meter ops now in the KC metro area due to the HF + 6 meter radios. Usually they make an appearance in the  big summer E-skip openings and June VHF 'test. They were not around last weekend in the September contest. - N0JK