[VHFcontesting] Calling Frequency Proposal

aduhawk at comcast.net aduhawk at comcast.net
Wed Sep 18 23:39:59 EDT 2013

I like this idea.  I guess that I can be included in that veteran operator category.  When we're not roving I'm in an extremely limited antenna and power situation, so I call use use CW quite a bit.  I welcome the thousands whose introduction to amateur radio was brought along or brought about by the dropping of the morse code requirement. Thank you for your contributions.  And now that you're here, why not "know code?"   I struggled with CW proficiency for years and flunked the 20 wpm test three times before passing.  After that date it was as is a cloud had been lifted,and the pressure removed.  I find enjoyment of the hobby improved by having some CW proficiency.

If that's not for you, so be it.  I like Jim's suggestion of operating near the calling frequency.

As a rover I will often list a run frequency off the calling frequency and add that I'll only use 144.200 if I want to make a contact.  ; < ).

73, Tim K0PG