[VHFcontesting] changed to Increasing VHF activity

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Sep 30 12:54:01 EDT 2013

On Sun, Sep 29, 2013 at 08:26:38PM -0600, Bob K0NR - email list wrote:
> In the end, I believe there are two main actions that will increase
> participation:
>    - have fun working the contests (this is fun, right?)
>    - share that fun with other hams (multi-op operating, magazine articles,
> club presentations, ...)

Yes.

Promoting the contests and activity are really the keys to getting
folks on the radio. It really never ends. You have to tell people
about the contests and remind them and encourage them to get on etc.
It is an ongoing operation.  Just because the ARRL prints the rules
and the results you can not assume that is enough to get folks to turn
on their radios.  Sometimes it takes reminding them there is a
contest.  Or helping them get an antenna up or whatever.

--
George Fremin III - K5TR
geoiii at kkn.net
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr