[VHFcontesting] FM Frequencies for VHF contests

Jacob Tennant wf8s at comcast.net
Tue Dec 9 08:21:51 EST 2014

Good Morning everyone,

I am trying to get back into the VHF contesting game as a rover after having dropped out to finish my college degree.

Since I currently have no antennas other than 2/70 FM antenna on my 2014 Subaru Forester and a 6 meter FM antenna in the garage, I was wondering what frequencies do most contesters use for FM operations and how do they monitor these frequencies?

I am hoping to be active in the 2015 January VHF contest as a rover starting near my home in FM09 (Morgantown,WV) and hit 3 or 4 grids heading north towards Pittsburgh,PA and/or south towards Elkins,WV as I live right along the I-79 corridor and near the FM/EM/FN/EN boundary lines.

Hoping to start developing a mobile horizontal antenna farm shortly but I am evaluating my option on my vehicle...

Thank you for your time,

Jacob Tennant - WF8S